Vegan For Life
by Jack Norris, RD &
Ginny Messina, MPH, RD
- Dina Aronson, RD on Flatulence ― Link
- From NutritionFacts.org: Does adding baking soda to soaking beans reduce gas?
- Bean-zyme ― a vegan version of Beano, containing alpha-galactosidase which reduces gas from legumes. They make a vegan version without gelatin capsules.
- Solgar's Vegetarian Digestive Aid ― contains lipase, amylase, prozyme, protease, amyloglucosidase, and cellulase.
- Deva's Vegan Digestive Support ― contains too many digestive enzymes to list here (see the link).
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome – from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Symptoms of gluten intolerance might actually be due to FODMAP: Food fadism: exposing the gluten myth
- Check out the blog VeganOstomy for information about being vegan with an ileostomy.
- People with digestive disorders should be aware of the issues surrounding oxalate: Oxalate: Digestive Disorders.